Thursday, January 26, 2012

Half and Half


When I am visiting my parents my cocktail repertoire expands from everything-prosecco* to include the bottles in their liquor cabinet that time forgot. Like sweet vermouth. So here is a chilled glass of half sweet vermouth, half dry - in this case Noilly Prat, unavailable in this country. Who knows why. I sometimes bring a bottle over from New York. Shake the vermouths up with ice, strain, pour, and I add a thin slice of lime - this one from the tree in the garden. Sip it in the kitchen while things happen at the stove.

Prosecco, speaking of which: My serviceberry cocktail is featured in Cocktails in the Garden on Martha Stewart's At Home in the Garden. And keep an eye out for 66 Square Feet in the March edition of Martha Stewart Living!

(And yes, I have subsequently cut my hair. Good move.)

8 comments:

  1. ALRIGGHHHHHT! Congratulations Marie!! We got a lot of naming to do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally,feel like we've been waiting for this new for months, oh we have.

    Another reason March can't come too soon for me.

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beeeeeeg congratulations on the Martha Stewart posting..well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool!!!! And I like the hair long and short.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cool, and you look gorgeous on the MS site, as you do everywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And hey, if you like vermouth, gotta try Carpano Antica formula. Supposedly a throwback to the original recipe, and very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gracias a todos.

    Tico - thanks for the tip. I haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    I just came to your post and reading above thing it is very impressive me and it is very nice blog.Thanks a lot for sharing this.

    Stainless Steel Drop In Sink

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.