Sunday, January 8, 2012

Intermission


While you look at pictures from a day in the garden I'll be diving back into the flower books, old friends from a year ago - reacquainting myself with names not considered for many months. Hermas villosa, Aristea africana, Thereianthus bracteolatus, and many more. A long early morning walk in the mist that poured over the mountains above Muizenberg provided me with lots and lots of pictures. Now I need some time to edit and identify.


The second chameleon sighting in the garden. He puffed himself up and curled his tail! A chameleon with attitude.


Gardenia thunbergii opens in the late afternoons and has faded by morning.


Gooseberries ripening.


And the private security company on patrol.


And always, the mountain.

7 comments:

  1. Just fell in love with a gooseberry.

    xo J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please ask Mr. Chameleon to stick around until I get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that mountain...there is nothing like it anywhere...I lived in Sea Point on one side of the mountain when I was studying at UCT on the other side of the mountain...and would gaze at the various moods and attitudes of it for the entire 45 min bus trip twice a day...if you could see it through the clouds...or rain...or both...always through a glass darkly.
    It impact on climate and society dominates most every aspect of life there like no other natural feature does in a modern city...particularly the gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another place on my list... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beence :-) xxx

    Bow Steet - as I type it does; it's dark, and somethinf is wafting in through my window. I think it may be the heliotrope. No! It's a shrub my mom planted outside my window. Rats. Must find name. Indigenous. Night-scented.

    Jane - I wonder if they mail well?

    Ellen - he's coy.

    Mal - the only thing I miss about my horrible High School- Rustenburg: ugh!ugh!ugh!) is the view of Devil's Peak. I may have to go back just to photograph it.

    jelli - yes, Cape Town belongs on a List!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.